Monday, December 16, 2013

Sssssssss

There was a snake slithering through my subconscious this morning. He wasn't in my dreams, at least not in snake form but when I woke, his forked tongue tickled my ear and scaly presence demanded my attention. Last night my mom suggested I see if I could work at my old job. It wasn't even consideration as I firmly didn't want to move backwards, yet I suppose in having that mentality I placed limitations on myself. Not long after waking up I got a text from my friend inviting me to the Christmas party at my old job. While I don't know at this point if I'll work there again, (if they have shifts available), it's now become an option in my head.

Ouroboros, (which auto correct just amusingly and appropriately changed to "our orbits"), the snake that eats it's tail seems to have invaded my brain. As much time traveling as I've been doing down memory lane I should have known I'd bump into him sometime soon being that I'm literally back at zero. A few months ago I titled an entry "gestation" as it was the only word to appropriately describe how I felt. Traveling from NY to the southwest and LA, I recounted to my (Mexican) friends and their families (as they fed me) that my mom ate mostly Mexican food while she was pregnant with me. I don't know my due date, but by the appearance of everything I'm pretty certain it's approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment